CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: SLOW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: SLOW Reply with quote

High tide for Bridgeport Harbor was scheduled for 7:43pm Friday and arrived at Breezy Point with the same setup as last time around 3:45pm. Conditions were mostly sunny, damp, comfy temps, and steady 8 to 12 mph southeast winds causing lots of 1 and 2 foot waves on the southern and eastern sides of Breezy Point.

As tide was still coming in, snappers weren't active yet, so I played with a number of plugs and topwaters which resulted in a 9" sennett on the good ole pearl grey shiner FLR-10.

Once snappers started getting active is when I started throwing the HJ-6 and also tried throwing a HJ-8 in the color Minnow. Only caught 1 snapper around 6". It looked like there was only 1 small school chasing the bait.

Seeing snappers weren't thick, I kept throwing topwaters and plugs. Had 2 small hits on a smelt BXM-10 and 1 other hit on the FLR-10. They felt like small schoolies or sea robins.

Hit the road just before 7pm.

While the sun was still up another surf caster was there throwing topwater and told me he's been getting into tailors 3 to 6 pounds and schoolies no bigger than 25" with topwater closer to sunset and during last light. This time he had no swirls or explosions so he left early.

Just before sunset is when a chummer arrived with 2 setups. As I left he said he only had 1 small bump. I think he was using mackerel from the strong smell similar to tuna and bluefish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: