CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bunnells Pond 10/6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Bunnells Pond 10/6 Reply with quote

Had no special plans for my birthday, so seeing I was already awake just before 12pm and tides weren't right for Breezy Point, I decided to take the bus to a certain stop before walking to Bunnells Pond at Beardsley. Arrived around 2:15pm.

Started off at the island. Threw a number of lures. Had 1 follower on a custom made inline spinner. Second cast with the legendary sunset tiger J-7 and landed a 10" bass under a pound. While using a black shiner Baby Torpedo I got 2 bass to quickly shoot out of the water. 1 of the bass I set the hook on but lost pretty soon. It felt over a pound.

Later I hit a number of other spots as I made my way north along the shore. Once I got to a certain area is when it seemed like I got into a school of small largemouths. The custom made spinner I caught the Twin Brooks pickerel with landed me a total of 4 all under a pound. When I go to cast the spinner, the blade and crevis came off so I tried a number of other inlines I had with me but niente.

Last stop before making my way back the way I came produced another short largemouth. Caught it with a Bass Pro Shops XPS spinner.

Hit the same areas again as I stuck with the Baby Torpedo and XPS spinner. Landed another shorty with the XPS and had a bass follow the Baby Torpedo.

Spent some time at the Wonderland of Ice once I left Bunnells Pond. Threw a number of lures. Landed a 5" redbreast and missed out on what was either a nice crappie or decent bass with a weightless Strike King Mr Crappie Lightning Shad.

Went to wait for the bus just before 6:30pm.

From the last few times I've gone freshwater fishing, it seems like the pattern has changed from minnow plugs to inline spinners. Not much happening with walk the dog anymore. Topwater is now prop baits and floating buzz baits. Retrieve is a slow steady, unless it's a day when they'd be very active due to weather approaching.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Happy Birthday, Michael! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: