CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Hogsback yesterday 9/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atrexontheboat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Hogsback yesterday 9/24 Reply with quote

Decided to get out of my Tracker and use the old canoe to get into Hogsback yesterday afternoon.It was very low but still had 80' in the center. Went across from the boat launch (serious drag and pull to water due to the large cement blocks plopped in front of access area) and there were 100 fish easy, some showing up on finder as BIG, all laying up one by one for 60+ yards in 47-60' water. The finder was singing! I was the only one on the water. It was calm. You could hear a pin drop except for the beeper. It was perfect. Until,,,, for the life of me I couldn't get them to bite! I drop shotted finesse worms right on top of their heads and nothing. I finally thought to go small and cut the finesse into a grug size piece and was able to finally get 5 smallmouth in 40'. Not even a 2lb'er. Very frustrating. Any suggestions on how to get these guys in those depths? What is a good drift rig?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to fish Hogsback for trout using pieces of smelt as that is the primary baitfish. Lots of big trout in there that hang around the outflow pipe and dine on the cut up pieces of smelt that get sucked through the turbine from Colebrook. Bass in there may feed on smelt also.
salvatore514

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into that problem as well on a couple occasions so i solved it by simply going to the shore and hitting the bass there! They love that area near the trees poking out of the water but i've never pulled anything too tremendous out of there. Wacky rigged senkos for me have been the winner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: