CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Reef 10/8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reef 10/8 Reply with quote

My dad and I hit the Reef Wednesday evening for about 2 hours. Low tide was scheduled around 6:20pm and moon was full. Conditions were mostly sunny skies with steady west winds up to 20 mph.

One spot where we started had some peanut bunker jumping with occasional splashes farther out, but we never got into anything there.

Later as sunset got closer we walked all the way out to the cows. My dad was getting large snappers to explode in 1 area on a 4" popper he was throwing. Later when I started casting in that area is when I had those snappers exploding on a mullet SSP-12. My dad casted out from the shallows where all the rocks are and had what seemed like a small tailor follow him in. 3 other things that happened with me out by the cows were nice sized schoolie jumped straight up for the SSP-12, smaller schoolie followed the blueback herring LC-12 in, and had a tailor or nice sized schoolie do that dolphin-like move behind a 4" wooden popper.

Beautiful sunset and got to watch the full moon rise right over the water. Saw the Smithtown sighting too!
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reef is the best place to see the Smithtown sighting !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: