CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater @ Bunnells 10/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Topwater @ Bunnells 10/10 Reply with quote

Friday I headed back over to Bunnells Pond arriving at 1:40pm. NWS was talking about increasing clouds with a frontal system approaching and bringing rain during the overnight hours. I was hoping a good bite would be on.

Started at the island and threw the same lures as last time with a few extras. Lost a small bass right in front of me as he darted for a silver FLR-6.

Next I check to see what was hanging out in the weeds by the island and cove by throwing a weightless Strike King Mr Crappie Lightning Shad. Used it as a slow sinking jerkbait and had bluegills, yellows, and small bass interested. Bass as small as 2" would hit it but never set the hook on them. Missed out on a number of yellows as they'd come shooting up from the bottom and grab the lure before spitting it and heading back down. Landed an 8" bullgill, which is a rare catch at Bunnells Pond these days.

Later I headed up to the rocks and crappie spot to see if there were any bulls, crappie, and yellows interested in the Lightning Shad. Had 2 nice hits at the crappie spot.

Next stop was where I got into all of those dinky largemouths last time. Tried throwing the XPS spinner but niente. Then trowed throwing the FLR-6 but still nothing. Once I threw the black shiner Baby Torpedo, I had a bite going. Total was 4 explosions and 3 bass landed. 1 of the bass exploded on the lure twice. All 3 bass were hooked good on the outer edge of the mouth and the 2 bigger ones were the jumpers. All 3 gave me a great fight on my 5'6" ML setup with 6 pound mono.

Once I wasn't getting anymore action on the Baby Torpedo I hit a number of other spots before hitting the road around 5pm.

16.5" 2 pound 13 ounce largemouth is rare at Bunnells Pond these days

12.5" 1 pound 6 ounce largemouth

15" straight 2
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If certain people didn't keep them they wouldn't be rare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:
If certain people didn't keep them they wouldn't be rare

Fishermen like you and I get out numbered by the others in Bridgeport Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: