CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks Park 10/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks Park 10/21 Reply with quote

Tuesday my mom bought me a bike so I headed up to Twin Brooks once I was home with it arriving at Twin Brooks around 1:15pm. Skies were mostly cloudy with a light southerly flow and air was moist with temps around 65. Clouds moved in later with a few drizzles and air got much cooler.

I started at the spot that was getting me into those bluegills just over a month ago. A new soft plastic I recently purchased on Ebay is a custom made 2" blue colored insect model looking like a small dragonfly or larger yellow jacket. Had that rigged weightless with a traditional nymph hook like I have with the Strike King. Bluegills didn't seem stacked up like they were a month ago but did have a few hits and landed 2 with 1 being a chunky 7"er. Other soft plastics hardly got any attention.

Moved to 2 other spots for the gills with 1 spot having them come straight up for the soft plastic right as it would start to slowly sink after casting. Landed 2 with 1 being a chunky 7" fish.

Hit a usual topwater spot with the Baby Torpedo and lost a cookie cutter and landed a 12" 1 pound 2 ounce cookie cutter.

Went over to the bridge with the soft plastic and landed 1 dinky gill, a 3" largemouth, and a 6" yellow.

Continued around the main pond with the soft plastic, Baby Torpedo, custom inline, and purple nurple FLR-8. Landed a dinky gill on the soft plastic.

Once it was getting closer to 5pm I hit the spot that caught me the 2 pound pickerel. Threw the Baby Torpedo but niente. Then threw the custom spinner and landed a 10" largemouth. The bass came shooting up for it. Hit other spots with the spinner and Baby Torpedo but no more.

Hit the road around 6pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: