CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: The Bite is turning On!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: The Bite is turning On! Reply with quote

Early Friday afternoon I checked the pinpoint forecast and the local buoy to see what the wind was like before hitting the boat ramp. Winds were still gusting up to 25 knots so I got some stuff done before noticing winds were finally dying down by 3pm, which meant head down to the ramp arriving just after 4pm.

Tide was low at 6:28pm and winds were a steady 8 to 12 mph northerly flow. Skies were mostly cloudy and water surface was nice. Winds became light after sunset.

Threw a number of lures with my 7'6" rod and 10 pound braid. Saw what looked like peanut bunker occasionally jumping in small pods with some bigger swirls and splashes.

Close to sunset is when 3 casters arrived with their Danny's and 2 ounce poppers.

As we casted, I was the first to get a swirl behind a bone chartreuse XRW-11 as I slowly worked it. Then 1 of the casters had a striper try to carefully take a Danny from the surface. From then on after sunset, I was the one getting attention, with a total of 2 explosions on a shad SP-9 and 1 on the XRW-11. Retrieve on the SP-9 was 1 nice jerk followed by a 3 second pause.

Hit the road around 6:15pm.

This coastal low pressure system seemed to have been the ticket to get the fall striper bite going at Seaside with the return of bait.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did you say the bite is turning on if no fish were caught?
Thought i was gonna read some good stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: