CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: New Boat (Steering Question)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richpurvis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: New Boat (Steering Question) Reply with quote

Bought a 2015 Ranger RT 178 which I took out today for the first time to get some of the break in hours under my belt, love the boat but thought the steering was a bit tight particularly when turning to the left.

Will contact Reynolds for sure on Monday but if anyone has any suggestions on how to adjust the steering, I'm all ears.

If you haven't seen these boats, they are real nice, well made, all aluminum and good looking. Can't wait to open up the 70HP Yamaha but still gotta put a few more hours on her before I can.
Dan1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my boat steering was a bit tight when I first got it, but it loosened up a bit over time. A lot of boats have anti-feedback which adds a little extra to the steering. Also, under power properly trimming your motor will give you better handling. Sorry, I can't help you with your specific question.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to adjust the anode behind the propeller that has the fin on it to counteract the torque from the motor. And even when you get it set correctly, the torque from the motor might still make it harder to turn one way than the other.

Otherwise, what Dan1 said. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: