CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Party Boat Togs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Party Boat Togs? Reply with quote

Hi there tog fans...

I'm sure I posted this before years ago but to the best of my recollection I don't recall...
My nephew & I are heading out Saturday and I was wondering if any of the local boats are a good bet for togs?
The boats I'm thinking of are The Sunbeam Fleet, The Middlebank II in Bridgeport or the SnowGoose2 in Port Chester,NY. I never seem to do too good with them(togs that is) but my nephew is interested.

The first plan is going for cod on the Frances Fleet, but the storm today was a lot heavier out on the cod grounds so who knows what kind of effect it had on them. So this is something I thought of as a secondary plan.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
John.
Dave N.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Tog grounds Reply with quote

Hey there Jimi, I wish I saw this post a little sooner but for future reference I recommend the TARTAN II in the Niantic river.Same side as Blackhawk, (a boat or 2 away) It is a 42' partyboat and can fish 20-30 guys and gals. All trips leave at 7AM, return at 3, & cost only $60. Only thing is that he (capt mike) is only sailing fri,sat &sun. seabass are usually targeted first, most people limit out in an hour, then he will fish the rest of the time for togs. website is tartaniifishing.com Wink you can, however; run a private charter any other day as well
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna try to take a trip before the season's over.
Thanks again.
John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: