CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Afternoon Incoming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Afternoon Incoming Reply with quote

Thursday I arrived at my first stop on the Fayerweather jetty at 2:15 pm. Tide was coming in and conditions were very nice. Partly cloudy skies, light southwest wind, average fall temps, strong sun, and perfect touch of moisture.

Tried throwing a number of lure before switching to the XRW-11, which resulted in an explosion. Set the hook before quickly losing the fish. The fish hit the lure again twice as I retrieved it again and then set the hook good. After letting it take some drag out and started battling it, what seemed to be a big tailor/cocktail blue came off Crying or Very sad

Once I made my way to a certain part of the island, I was throwing the shad SP-9 which resulted in losing 1 striper and landing a chunky, hard fighting 24"er.

Kept moving around as the evening went on, resulting in landing a 20" schoolie, getting 1 more explosion, losing 1 more striper, and getting 3 big swirls.

When the tide started turning is when winds shifted to the northwest and became stronger shutting the bite down until it was sunset, which is when winds died down.

During the sunset bite is when I got 2 big swirls and landed the 20"er. 1 of the swirls resulted in the lure going under with slack before feeling a swipe and then letting it come back up. This was all with the XRW-11 as I did a slow walk the dog with it.

Saw 2 surfcasters out on Fayerweather with their bigger 6" 2 ounce wooden pencil poppers. They didn't get any action as I got 1 of those nice swirls and lost a mid 20s striper. 1 other surfcaster was out there when I arrived. He was holding onto a 7 or 8 pound cocktail that he got with a 5" Hurricane pencil popper by skipping the lure across the surface with some hard jerks.

24" striper on 10 pound braid and 3 1/2" Skitter Pop color Shad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: