CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: DEAD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: DEAD Reply with quote

Friday afternoon I arrived at the Fayerweather jetty just before 2pm. Tide was coming in and high for Black Rock was scheduled for just after 6pm. Conditions didn't seem favorable for a good bite, with skies overcast, air temps cool, air moist, and winds a steady 5 to 10 mph northeast. Due to the northeast winds, the beach side of the jetty wasn't fishable, unless you had a 10 footer, heavier braid, and a pencil popper or plug 2 ounces or heavier. Water was choppy there.

Throughout the afternoon I hit many of my usual spots that were protected from the wind and had calmer waters. I threw the SP-9, FLR-10, XRW-11, mullet SSP-12, orange gold orange XRW-13, and Bomber 15J. I also hit the city ramp a few times seeing that was the safest and quietest place away from the wind.

Everybody, including myself, never got a hit or follower. The big factor seemed to have been the northeast winds that kept increasing as the afternoon and evening went on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: