CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Bridgeport Blackfish on the Yak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLoutdoors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Bridgeport Blackfish on the Yak Reply with quote

Sunday's forecast changed back and forth, so I figured the only way to determine if I should fish was to load up and check out the seas by St Marys.

When I got there at 9:00 am, all I could see was glass. Flat calm seas all the way to LI. I launched right from the beach across from South Benson Marina and began my long paddle out to the Spindle, where I've had the most luck this season.

15 minutes into fishing, the wind picked up and before I knew it, I was getting pounded with 1-2 ft seas and gusts up to 20 knot. Before things got out of hand, I picked up and headed towards 2A. By the time I got to 2A, I was sure glad I made the decision to come in. I tucked behind some rocks and anchored off the rock pile. Within 30 sec of dropping, had my first keeper.

For the next hour, I had fish from 14-18", non stop. I lost two big ones that I couldn't move with my light tackle in the rocks. Kept one at 17" for the table.

I'm glad the tog are still biting, but with this cold front, not sure if I'll get out again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: