CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Looks Like the End
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Looks Like the End Reply with quote

Wednesday evening I took a nap resulting in staying up overnight and getting out to Seaside Thursday morning. Plan was to fish til about 10am once the west winds got much stronger. Arrived at the jetty just after sunrise.

West winds were already a steady 10 mph with many 15 to 18 mph gusts, causing Black Rock Harbor and Breezy Point to be very choppy with 2 footers crashing hard.

Threw the SSP-12, XRW-13, LC-12, and FLR-16 in a number of areas from the jetty all the way to Remington but no action.

Water temp read 48 at the Bridgeport Harbor buoy as of the 4:30am update online before leaving home.

It looks like this arctic blast and strong winds have made the stripers stop hitting and it's now time for the Housy. Only issue is waders have a leak coming from the bottom of the boots and the warranty center said they couldn't take care of it due to it being an Ebay purchase.

Looks like it's freshwater from here on.
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike is there any spot on housy where i can fish? I was there at milford last saturday and sunday not even a tap, Looks dead for now!
tricky912

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the bunker gone in Bridgeport. As of Tuesday, there was still a ton in Milford harbor.
tricky912

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricky912 wrote:
Are the bunker gone in Bridgeport? As of Tuesday, there was still a ton in Milford harbor.
tricky912

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the bunker gone in Bridgeport? As of Tuesday, there was still a ton in Milford harbor.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricky912 wrote:

Couldn't tell if the bunker were still there due to how choppy the water was. When I was at the ramp the last time I got into topwater schoolies, the bunker were still there but nothing has been hitting them. Nobody has gotten a single hit or run on a live bunker.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonamcobain wrote:
Mike is there any spot on housy where i can fish? I was there at milford last saturday and sunday not even a tap, Looks dead for now!

The only 3 saltwater spots I know of are the Devon power plant, Short Beach, and the Audubon.

Bridgeport Harbor has already gotten below 45 degrees and I feel this warm, wet, humid weather isn't gonna help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: