CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Last Day for Great Hollow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Last Day for Great Hollow Reply with quote

Got home Saturday from spending Thanksgiving with relatives in Boston. Sunday was the last day of the year fishing is allowed at Great Hollow. 1 of the guys I went blackfishing with decided we'd hit Great Hollow.

Arrived around 11:15am and worked the entire lake.

I started off throwing a variety of lures while the other threw powerbait on 1 rod and threw his Saugatuck Kroc on another.

As I moved around and the other guy stayed put, I hit a spot with a glass minnow HJ-6 that produced a 13.5" brown just over a pound. Also had a trout on for just a second or 1. Retrieve was the same jerk and pause as Mondo. From then on I stuck with the lure and retrieve.

While I was still in that area, the buddy came and did a certain stop and go retrieve with the Kroc where he'd reel it in fast for a bit before letting it sink for 2 or 3 seconds and then reel it in again. There were 2 times he said he felt something try to take it when he'd reel it in again after the drop.

One more spot produced another brown over a pound measuring 13".

Ran into another fisherman who said he was getting a few hits and lost 2 trout on a Strike King Bittsy Minnow.

As the buddy and I kept working around the water, I landed 3 yellows measuring 6", 9", and 10".

Once we had worked our way back to the car and it was around 3:45pm, we decided to hit another place.

My total with the HJ-6 was the 2 browns and 3 yellows. No matter what the buddy threw, he hardly got into anything. I offered him to use another HJ-6 I had with me but he refused.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: