CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: HJ-6 Still at It
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: HJ-6 Still at It Reply with quote

Thursday I hit Mondo arriving just before 2pm. Conditions were like March and it was a high pressure day after a cold front moved through Wednesday.

First stop was the fall crappie area but didn't produce anything.

Next was where I caught the 2 pickerel at with the FLR-6 last time. This time I did topwater with the Frog R but niente.

Then I worked around the main pond. First stop produced a 9" yellow on the HJ-6.

Later I hit 2 pickerel under a pound at another spot. 1 came on the helsinki shad HJ-6 and the other on the sunset tiger J-7. Did a very slow retrieve with the rod tip down while using the J-7 after the days I had from December 2011 to February 2012 with that lure and the firetiger F-7.

Next I come to the area that got me into topwater last time, but it seemed like the rain and high pressure had the topwater bite shut down.

As I moved on, landed another 2 pickerel on the HJ-6 with 1 being just over a pound.

Then I came to the spring crappie area which caught me the 10" yellow and 3 pound 7 ounce pickerel last time. Played with the HJ-6 which landed me a 10.5" yellow and a pickerel around a pound.

Last stop was the common child's area. Missed out on a pickerel there with the HJ-6.

Hit the road just after 4:45pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: