CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo Pond Grand Slam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Mondo Pond Grand Slam Reply with quote

Tuesday I decided to check out Mondo Pond. Arrived at 1:40pm with conditions being overcast, light east wind, damp, and temps in the mid 40s. NWS was talking about showers moving in starting around sunset which had me hoping for a good bite.

Started working my way to areas where I hit the yellows last time. When I go to cast, I find the area to be covered with very very thin black ice. Checked out a few more spots in that same area but then moved on.

2 certain lures I played with were a purple nurple XRSH-6 and glass muddler HJ-8. Lost the helsinki shad HJ-6 while fishing the Norwalk River.

Once I get to a certain spot that didn't produce, I saw the hooded mergansers at the opposite end, which told me to head right over in that direction. Ice melted throughout the afternoon.

First stop in the area where the mergansers were produced a 10" yellow on the HJ-8. Next is where I missed out on a yellow with the HJ-8. Kept moving and landed a 6" yellow and missed out on 2 with the HJ-8.

Once I come to the exact spot where all the hooded mergansers were when I saw them, I got into a good bite. Total was 2 crappie, 1 largemouth, 1 yellow, and 5 pickerel. 1 crappie was 10" and the other was 10.5" with more girth. The bass was 16" around 2 pounds. All the pickerel were under a pound. The best fighter was either the largemouth or the chunkier 10.5" crappie. Felt 2 small pulls when I had the HJ-8 paused on separate casts.

Hit the road just after 4:45pm

Catching 1 or more yellow perch, largemouth bass, crappie, and chain pickerel in 1 trip at Mondo Pond is what I'd call a grand slam cause they are the 4 primary game fish found there.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Mondo Pond Grand Slam Reply with quote

Sounds nice, I've had no luck here...but haven't done enough fishing.

I'm gonna try to get some carp here this year.....wish me luck.

At the very least catfish, they are in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: