CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Perch Fest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Perch Fest Reply with quote

Friday 2 fishermen and I hit Mondo Pond. This was their first time there. We fished for about 3 hours til 4pm.

At our first stop is where 1 of the fishermen landed a pickerel under a pound with a Rooster Tail and had another pickerel swipe it.

I did my usual spot to spot coverage as the other 2 only covered half as much as I did. I also kept an eye out for the hooded mergansers.

As I stuck with the glass muddler HJ-8 and the retrieve, one spot landed me a yellow perch about 10". Later after landing 1 more yellow and a pickerel, I come to an area were the hooded mergansers were hanging out earlier. Total in that 1 spot was another 5 yellows and 1 pickerel. I had 2 hits on the pause without setting the hook. The biggest yellow was a chunky 11" pregnant female weighing about 10 ounces. She gave my 5'6" ML rod and 6 lb mono a good pull while reeling her in and also slammed the HJ-8 on the pause.

The fisherman who caught the pickerel followed the retrieve I was doing with a silver HJ-6 and told me he landed 4 yellows around 10" and lost a bass at least 3 pounds that snapped his line due to his drag being too tight. He said he had a number of other yellows follow the HJ-6 and I told him they were more curious about his due to the color vs mine being a match the hatch color with what they've been feeding on.

Late November into early April is prime time for yellow perch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: