CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Connecticut River - Wethersfield Cove 01/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Connecticut River - Wethersfield Cove 01/14 Reply with quote

TurtleKiss (aka Kira) and I checked out Wethersfield Cove from 12:15 pm to 4:15 pm. The high air temperature peaked at 15 degrees. There was a gentle but steady north wind. There was little to no snow on the six inches of clear black ice. We set up just to the east of the yacht club. The bite was non-existent. Granted, we didn't move around much in the extreme cold, but we never got even a nibble while jigging and got no flags on 10 tip-ups baited with pike shiners from Connecticut Outfitters. I jigged some abandoned holes between us and the barn and got nothing. We saw about 10 others out on the ice, but never saw any of them run to a flag, either. One guy told me that he had jigged up some crappie by the barn in the morning, but that was it for the day.

Bottom Line: The ice is good, but the bite was off completely.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by PECo on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have tied your sled to that mooring buoy...
moose444

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Wethersfield Cove Reply with quote

Peco...don't give up on the cove. Just a slow day. The place is usually very kind to us but it has been slow lately...The pike fishing there is as it is everywhere pike are targeted through the ice...sloooowww!....My son iced a nice one last year but we put in some long hours for that one fish. Which is the norm for pike......the jigging can be phenomenal though.....Good Luck!
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were between your location and the red barn in Sunday and the bite was slow. Guys in your exact location were running for flags non-stop. Very Happy
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: