CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Kayak fishing club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil Bass Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Kayak fishing club Reply with quote

[b]Any kayak fishing club in CT?
Any new kayak fishing tournaments coming soon ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your looking for a good tournament try kayak wars. It's an online tourney. Pretty cool. I'll be organizing some kind of tournament this year. Detail to follow

Tight lines

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're on FB check out the CT Kayak Fishing Club run by FishTalk member Mase2020:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CT-Kayak-Fishing-Club/493873624004607

There were a few kayak tournaments last year and I believe his goal is to have many more for 2015. These aren't anything like the CT Bassin' Tournament stuff I've seen posted on here. These events are inexpensive, fun, low key club tournaments.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all my name is Alan and I run the CT KAYAK FISHING CLUB page on Facebook. Thought I would check in here. I am planning on doing a few tournaments this year as well as some gatherings. If you have not fished a tourney before than these are for you. I try to gear my tournaments for people who want a low cost, fun, friendly place to go and fish without a lot of rules to remember. Typically the cost is five dollars to enter, then there are 1 or 2 optional pools to get into. 1 for largest fish that is usually a money and the other is overall length pool where everyone put in an unused piece of tackle and the winner gets the tackle bag. Trophies are given to the overall top three in length.

Most of the people are just there to fish with a little competition added so it is very relaxed . It is a CPR, Catch, Photograph, and Release tourney so all you need is a camera or camera phone and a ruler with a bump board at the end. I will keep everyone posted. The get together may be weekend or during the week as that is when I fish the most. If you have any questions or suggestions let me know on here or on the Facebook page.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a photo of Alan at the last tourney. He's the one on the right, with the THIRD PLACE trophy! Razz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Here's a photo of Alan at the last tourney. He's the one on the right, with the THIRD PLACE trophy! Razz

As PECO pointed out the best thing about my tournaments is that I LET people win. Laughing Hey Phil I'm trying to get more people to come out this police line up of our faces may keep people away Laughing A very diverse group though.
TheFisherman357

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im new on this forum but am interested in ur tournies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: