CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Thames River - Norwich 03/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Thames River - Norwich 03/15 Reply with quote

NWDarkcloud (aka Bob), JJay (aka Jason) and I stopped by Howard Brown Park to check out the Thames River in Norwich. We didn't see any boats on the water or any shore fishermen, but there was plenty of open water:

Unfortunately, the boat launch ramp was choked with ice from the river:

It'll be clear soon, though. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWS has the region in a hazardous weather outlook regarding blocks of ice causing jams and flooding on larger rivers after these warm temps and inch of rain.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
NWS has the region in a hazardous weather outlook regarding blocks of ice causing jams and flooding on larger rivers after these warm temps and inch of rain.

No problems on the Thames or lower Housy from what I've seen, other than actually getting onto the water because of ice and snow on the ramps. Today, I was the only one who launched at Sunnyside in Shelton. If I didn't have a Jeep with high clearance and four-wheel drive, it would have been tough. But there were at least seven other boats on the water that all launched at O'Sullivan's Island in Derby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: