CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Checked it out 3/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Checked it out 3/15 Reply with quote

After getting out of work at 4pm, I headed home and decided to kill daylight by heading down to Remmington. I checked the tide and saw 7:50pm was high. Water temp read 34.5 as of the 3:45pm reading. Setup was my new 2 piece 7' Airwave with the Fierce 2000 and 10 pound Spiderwire Stealth.

When I got to the discharge I saw 2 loons diving in the flats, 2 pie billed grebes diving by the sandbar, and 2 hooded mergansers took off from the inner corner of the discharge. Northerly winds and the windchill weren't too bad.

Tried throwing a 1 ounce chartreuse bucktail rigged with a 4" chartreuse curly tail, 4" silver flake Berkley Subwoofer, spotted minnow SXR-10, and purpledescent FLR-10.

Once it was about 6pm and winds had picked up making it much colder, I headed back Downtown to grab a bite to eat and pick up the last bus of the evening.

As for the fishing, I never got any hits. As for the birds, the loons and grebes kept staying in the same area each one was in. As for signs of bait, all of a sudden I see a dark patch on the surface by the entrance to the harbor along the ferry's route, and pretty soon the gulls started going crazy, which lasted for no more than 10 minutes.

From the signs of life I saw, I'd say give it another week or 2 with warm weather and things should be picking up.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea where Remmington is, but thanks for the report, Michael. It's nice to see things opening up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing bridgeport UI at father panic?
tricky912

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is actually Remington beach, which is the eastern most part of seaside park. It is where the old Remington shaver factory used to be. It's also the site of a water treatment facility that dumps warm water into the sound. I fished there as a kid quite often.
Chunks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear you wetted a line. Interesting about the birds and dark patch - herring? Or could it be the all elusive mackerel?? Supposedly back in the day, this is the time of the year they showed
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be anything chunks. Bunker mullet and everything else hangs around all winter there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: