CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Tournament Circuit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marky2002S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Tournament Circuit Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have been in contact with a new organization that's creating a bass tournament circuit here in CT. It is primarily for boats but if the interest is there they would like to have a kayak specific class. I was asked to reach out and see how many CT anglers like the idea. Let me know what you guys think. This organization is the real deal too. They have sponsors already and to be different they want to get in on the kayak craze. Reply here or PM me if you are interested. There are cash and gear prizes in it for those who do well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. So far the planner is thinking of a way to have small boats and kayaks compete together by limiting boats to trolling motors only. How do you feel about that? I'm trying to test the waters and see what people think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just added the kayak/small boat division. Head on over to www.nebassin.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend and I just got in to kayak fishing this past year and we are hooked, we mainly target large mouth bass but we are not shy to catch other species of fish, we are slowly adventuring to to other lakes, ponds, and rivers. We have been thinking of entering some tournaments. We just don't know where to look for a good beginner tournament. We live in Durham,CT and it would be awesome to see and compete in them as well
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRITTER wrote:
My girlfriend and I just got in to kayak fishing this past year and we are hooked, we mainly target large mouth bass but we are not shy to catch other species of fish, we are slowly adventuring to to other lakes, ponds, and rivers. We have been thinking of entering some tournaments. We just don't know where to look for a good beginner tournament. We live in Durham,CT and it would be awesome to see and compete in them as well

There is a CT Kayak Fishing Club, basically a bunch of kayak fishing buddies, that gets together for several tourneys throughout the year. Definitely more down home, affordable, beginner style tournaments. Keep your eyes peeled on the Kayaking feed on here as the season progresses for details.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I checked out their website and I think this is great for the sport. I will be interested in seeing how many people they get in the kayak division. After running some tournaments and speaking with people I learned they are looking for a low cost, low structure type tournaments. I know there are some that do want the big money tournament that rival the big bass boat ones. I think the membership part and the high cost will turn most away, but I may be wrong. I do think this is good for the sport and will take it to a whole new level.

That being said I am still planning on do a few tournaments this year and some get together outings maybe during the week. If you anyone has any ideas, suggestions let me know either here or at my Facebook page CT Kayak Fishing Club. Cost is about 5 to 8 dollars with optional pools. Overall length, top three get trophies. Largest fish is one of the pools. The atmosphere is relaxed and geared towards recreational, novice to more advanced anglers who want to have fun. Look forward to seeing everyone this year.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to the Kayak division @ nebassin, but I'm personally not looking for something that locks me in to a season at $70 an outing. Kayak fishing is what I do on the days I'm not pouring all my $$$ into fishing salt in my boat. I'd love to see a few get togethers/low key tournaments like Alan's I went to at Moodus(??) that Phil posted the pic from. Either way, I'm happy to pass along info from any local groups on redneckangler.com or my FB page.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Marky2002S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its for anglers who ant to take take it a bit more seriously for sure. I won't be competing as I'm unsure if I will be living in CT soon. Thanks for the interest and passing the word on though. I too would like to see some get togethers and just fish with you guys for fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im new to the site but am interested in some low cost fun kayak tourneys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: