CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: CT Kayak Fishing Club Tournament
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: CT Kayak Fishing Club Tournament Reply with quote

Okay so I'm in the planning stages for the first tourney this year and I'm looking at early May. Looking for ideas as to where you guys would like to see the tourney at. Please keep in mind it will be on a weekend so consider boat traffic and parking. Also in the past tourney times were 7-2, thinking about 6-1 and looking for input as far as that goes. Also may try mid week tournaments and checking to see what the interest in that would be. Please let me know open to suggestions. Thanks all.

Also if you are Facebook make sure you like my page, CT Kayak Fishing Club.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,
I speak for many when I say thanks for starting this up again this year!!!
Regarding location, if at all possible, I would like to suggest keeping the first outing somewhat central or in the Hartford area...just a few suggestions come to mind..
Scoville
Black pond middle field
Silver lake
Bolton lake
Rainbow reservoir
Again, thanks so much
TheFisherman357

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun im in. As far as the times it dont matter. Batterson park pond is another to consider. They dont allow gas motors.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chimed in on the same post on the "Tournament" page, just reposting here…

- May sounds good
- 6-1 is fine
- Mid-week come Sumer would be fun
- I'd prefer to see a larger body of water chosen. I think Black Pond and Batterson are too small for these tournaments. I say that after looking at last years 2 events and the number of people that turned out. Upper Res and Mansfield are huge and offered lots of open water for the 2014 events. I think we'd be rubbing elbows on smaller bodies of water. Then again, larger bodies of water often mean lots of boats and recreational folks. Hmmm…...

As coastiekayker said, thanks again for making this happen in 2015 Alan! Last year was super fun!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan for organizing!
I'm game for any of your suggestions.. I'll have to agree with larger bodies of water - it'll make sense when there's a larger turnout.

Some suggestions:
- Mansfield
- Mashapaug
- McDonough(parking & launch fee)
TheFisherman357

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mcdonough idea only problem is they dont open til eight oclock and then everyone will have to get boat inspected for inavasive species by Deep.
TheFisherman357

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mcdonough idea only problem is they dont open til eight oclock and then everyone will have to get boat inspected for inavasive species by Deep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: