CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: THEY WERE THICK!!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: THEY WERE THICK!!!!! Reply with quote

Didn't turn the lights off til bout 4:45am Tuesday. Before laying down and closing my eyes, I think of heading out before having to start work at 3pm. Hadn't yawned much so I decided to head out to Mondo, arriving around 6:45am. Main target was crappie, and was also hoping for aggressive pickerel.

Threw a number of lures at my first stop, which resulted in a 10" crappie on the legendary brown trout FLR-6. Threw a few other lures before switching back over to the FLR-6 and doing a slashbait retrieve with it, which resulted in a pickerel swiping it.

Later I arrive at another spot. Throw the FLR-6 out there and land a 15" pickerel just over a pound by doing the slashbait retrieve. Switch over to the Strike King Lightning Shad to see what the crappie biter was like. As time went on, total was around 20 crappie all in 1 spot! Sizes ranged from 6" to 10". Had plenty of swipes and takes and also lost a few.

Once the crappie shut down, as if I had already caught the whole school, I hit other spots with the Strike King. Looked for branches in the water and 2 spots had bluegills interested but not aggressive. Had a few take the Strike King before spitting it.

Rain had already gotten steady by the time it was noon and wasn't into much of a bite anymore, so I hit the road at 12:30pm.

For those of you who live in Milford and are familiar with Bridgeport Ave, I stopped at the McDonald's by KMart to have breakfast. When I am about to leave, I hear an osprey. I look and saw a pair on a nest on top of 1 of the tall lights at the school soccer field behind McDonald's. Also got to witness the male get on the females back to try to mate with her. I have a feeling they are the ospreys everybody is seeing at Mondo.

Newest arrival at Mondo was a cormorant.
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw the 2 ospreys flying over mondo on monay. also saw the cormorant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: