CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo 4/16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Mondo 4/16 Reply with quote

Arrived at Mondo Pond just before 11am Thursday. Skies were mostly sunny, winds were a steady 5 to 10 mph southerly flow, and air felt the mid 50s. Forecast was calling for increasing clouds in the evening with a chance for showers overnight into Friday afternoon.

I threw the silver shad JSR-4 in a number of spots and caught a bluegill.

Later i get to the spot, which is where I get into those crappie again. A soft plastic that had them going this time was a custom made blue 2" dragonfly. Total was 7 crappie with biggest being 10". Also landed a cookie cutter just over a pound with that soft plastic.

As I cover more water and try a variety of lures, I came across a shallow inner cove that had bluegills and pumpkinseeds stacked with a few bass. Threw the dragonfly out there, which had bluegills chasing and tapping and pumpkinseeds slamming. Total was 2 bluegills and 3 pumpkinseeds up to a chunky 8" fish.

Later once I notice what time it was, I headed back to the bike around 2pm so I could pick up the bus at The Dock and go to a scheduled appointment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: