CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Shore Fishing at Waramaug?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctguy43

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Shore Fishing at Waramaug? Reply with quote

Is there shore fishing at Lake Waramaug? If so, is it specific to an area? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Smile
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Shore Fishing at Waramaug? Reply with quote

You can fish right across the street from the campground. I had no luck there when I went.
Bolygan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a state park section on the other side of the lake. I've never caught anything there, but some other people told me, they catch trout regularly. You can fish there any time, but be ready for plenty of people coming and going.

Here, I'm gonna mark a location on the google map in this link:

click this:
https://goo.gl/maps/1WZSx

You can fish that entire shore marked with the green outline, you don't have to stick to the sandy beach .
Bolygan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...By the way, I fish there for over 20 years. Maybe once a year. Never caught a thing. There may be trout and bass in it, but in my experience, fishing in Lake Waramaug is as productive is like fishing in your bathtub at home.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolygan wrote:
...By the way, I fish there for over 20 years. Maybe once a year. Never caught a thing. There may be trout and bass in it, but in my experience, fishing in Lake Waramaug is as productive is like fishing in your bathtub at home.

That sounds like a challenge, to me! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I do thank everyone for their opinions - just trying to find waters close to Brookfield, but it sounds like I'd be wasting my time if I went there.

thanks again guys!
fishville

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your limited to the state park and thus the water is pounded .i fished it once on the ice and swore I would never waste my time there again. My father got a permit the following spring for the launch and I can say once you get away from the park the fishing is pretty good, at least for bass and such.
setterman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: warmaug Reply with quote

Don't be discouraged by posts. Shore fishing in early and fall fishing can be good. Lokking out from state park go to right side there is a cove there that produces Bass, Pickeral, trout and white perch. Summer nights along the shore can be excellent for bullheads.have been fishing there for a lot longer than I would care to admit. 50+ years. I avoid it during the summer due to heavy boat traffic.
ctguy43

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about Upper Kohanza Lake or Tarrywile Lake?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: