CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Pickerel Bite has Turned On
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Pickerel Bite has Turned On Reply with quote

Arrived at Mondo at 4:40pm Monday. Conditions were overcast, cool, and breezy with 8 to 12 mph winds ranging from the northeast to the west with gusts up to 20.

Started off at the main pond and played around with a number of lures but didn't get into anything at my first few stops.

Head over to the spring pond to play topwater with a Rebel Frog R but nothing was interested.

Got the the hot spot where I caught a 15" pickerel just over a pound on a yellow perch HJ-6. No crappie were interested in the Husky Jerk.

When I get to a common pickerel area at the spring pond, a retrieve pickerel were interested in with the HJ-6 was a nice snap every full second. That landed me 2 slender ones under a pound and 1 cookie cutter.

Covered more water at the main pond and did a lap around. Once it was almost sunset and the wind had died down for a bit, I decided to take out a bullfrog Baby Torpedo and hit the common topwater area. Started with a steady retrieve but niente. Then did a retrieve that had pickerel going last year there and also at a pond in Monroe, which was give the lure a nice jerk a pause for no more than 2 seconds. That landed me another pickerel and lost 1 and had 2 explosions.

Hit a few other spots before making my way back to the bike, which resulted in another pickerel.

Hit the road just before 8:15.

Pickerel have now woken up and things should get into high gear in another 2 weeks or so.

Swallows were all over the place feeding on small insects vs last time I was there. Also saw the first water rat of the season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: