CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Went on a Journey but Niente
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Went on a Journey but Niente Reply with quote

After a busy day at work Sunday, I was pretty tired once I had showered, which meant Monday I had off and was out the door by 9:45am after getting plenty of sleep.

First I hit Seaside on the rest of the incoming and first hour or so of outgoing. Set up was 7' Air Wave, Fierce 2000, 10 lb Spiderwire Stealth.

I started off at the city ramp and threw numerous FLR-10 and also tried throwing a shad SP-9 and bone chartreuse XRW-11. Other than walk-the-dog, I also pencil popped with the XRW. Nothing at all.

Went over to the Fayerweather jetty and worked out to the lighthouse before working back in. The beach side had murky stuff and dirty dead algae on the surface, which meant not bother there much. Still nothing.

Tried casting from the rocks by the destroyed pier before checking on the ramp again and then heading over to Breezy Point as I looked at the water.

As I fished Breezy Point, tide had just started heading out and a Seaside buddy arrived with his 7 footer and smaller stuff. We both casted for a while but niente.

By the time it was almost 2pm, I headed back Downtown to pick up the bus and head back home. Once I got home, I rearranged my tackle bag, put my waders on, and headed back out.

After stopping for something to eat and grabbing a Gatorade, I got to Short Beach. Low tide for Sniffens Point was scheduled for 6:27pm. As I fished, the southerly winds got brutal and it got colder out. 3 others were there, with 2 of them leaving before me. I eventually hit the road do to how brutal the south winds were and not wearing something heavy enough. 1 other was still there, and he was fly fishing.

I had a total of 4 hits altogether, with all coming from Short Beach. 2 were on an original pear shad FLR-10, 1 on a chrome FLR-10, and the other on a shiner SSR-9. 1 caster had only 2 hits on a 4" pearl white Fin S and the fly fisher landed 3 all on a small 2" black fly.

Word I heard at Seaside is you have to be at the right place at the right time. Stripers hardly over keeper size are being caught with small swimmers and plugs. No topwater yet. If you see a big wave coming in with there being no signs of a boat going by, not only is it the current, but it's a whole school of bunker being pushed in by the stripers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: