CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bass & Crappie @ Great Hollow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Bass & Crappie @ Great Hollow Reply with quote

Thursday member member mikeyinstfd (Mike) and I hit Great Hollow Lake starting around 10:45 til 4pm.

There were many bass on nests along the shore. Mike tried throwing some soft plastics as I used a larger inline spinner as a jig. The spinner had a shiny gold blade with a rubber skirt in the colors white, brown, and smoke.

I was the first to land a bass, which measured 16" a weighed 2 pounds 6 ounces

Later I landed another bass the same size.

Bluegills were thick along the shore, esp near branches, which was where I got into crappie.

Mike lost a nice rainbow that he said had to have been at least 2 pounds when he saw it jump.

I also got into a school of yellows.

Mike set the hook on a bass that was at least 3 pounds on a nest. When he was holding the line with the fish in front of him in the water, his 8 pound mono snapped.

My total crappie was 4 and lost 3. Sizes were 7", 8", 12", and 13". The 12" slab weighed 1 pound 2 ounces and the 13"er weighed 1 pound 6 ounces. Lures that were attracting them were pearl grey shiner FLR-6, firetiger HJ-6, and shad HJ-6.

The school of yellows was slamming the firetiger HJ-6 every time I'd have it paused right near them as I did an aggressive jerk and pause retrieve. Landed 2 and lost 1, with the biggest being 8.5".

I missed out on a nice rainbow with the firetiger HJ-6 and saw a pickerel but had it follow once before it took off.

A first of the year we saw was a northern water snake.

13" 1 pound 6 ounce slab on shad HJ-6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: