CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Ct. River Stripers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JQPublic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Ct. River Stripers Reply with quote

Don't know if they are hold overs or fresh from the salt but a fellow told me he's picked up some schoolies on sandworms in the Rocky Hill area. Bout time! Guess its game on!
AVec80X

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally haven't heard of any action that far up yet, but I don't doubt it. My buddies have been pulling them between East Haddam and Middletown.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Confirmed keeper in South Glastonbury Reply with quote

A friend from my fishing club scored a beauty 44 inch striper from shore in Glastonbury! Good time to skip out of work and hit the river!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no sign of a topwater bite at the mouth of the river, this morning. Dan1 (aka Dan) and I managed to boat only one schoolie with a 3/4 ounce chartreuse jig head and seven inch Ice Shad Fin-S Fish before heading upriver to Hamburg Cove to fish for chain pickerel and largemouth bass, instead. On our way back to the ramp at the Baldwin Bridge, we spotted several small pods of stripers on the finder near the bottom, where the fresh water runs over the salt. We managed to boat only one more schoolie, again with the jig, before calling it a day.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've started to fish the CT River spring run. I'd planned to make it a late night between Rocky Hill and Hartford and catch something other than schoolies. There were some fat fish in the mid 30" range being landed, one by Ethan in the boat next to mine drifting an eel. Most of the schoolies were either hitting sand worms or just messing with the eels. There were some surface swirls, and lots of herring around, but no big surface blitzes. Trolling tube and worm was also producing, though mostly schoolies. What did me in were the swarms of mosquitos. There were a dozen or more feasting on me at any given time. They were so bad that I threw in the towel early. Next time I'm loading up on eels and DEET. The most excitement was back at the ramp where the entire Rocky Hill FD was waiting. The CT River is picking up, and I'm ready to get back out there!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: