CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Topwater Reply with quote

Wednesday low tide for Black Rock was scheduled for 1:57 and decided to head out with my waders on seeing water temps had warmed up quite a bit recently, showing the local buoy at 57.2 Tuesday night. Arrived at the honey hole just as tide was starting to turn. Brought my 8 footer with me for casting heavier lures farther as I used my Penn Fierce 2000 with 10 pound Stealth.

First I casted out with a stainless steel blue mullet SSP-12. First cast set the hook but lost it. Had 1 other explosion so I switched over to an orange gold orange XRW-13. That lure turned the bite on.

Stripers seemed to have been looking for lots of commotion on the surface at a steady pace. Landed 6 ranging from 18 to 25" and lost a few with plenty of explosions as I used the lure as a walk-the-dog and pencil popper.

Once the tide got too high and the north winds had become ridiculous, I hit numerous other spots at Seaside. Only got 1 other explosion at Breezy Point.

By the time it was getting close to sunset, I decided to head over to Fayerweather Island seeing the north winds were diminishing. Bunker started showing up in thick pods on the surface as they'd jump and splash a lot. Threw the SSP-12 out there again. Total was lost 2 that felt keeper and had 2 other explosions.

After sunset is when I was no longer seeing bunker going in and out of the harbor and wasn't getting any more action so I started heading back in. But just as I get the the jetty is when I see bunker all over the place. Right as I'm about to cast, I see a whole school go crazy and hear that loud "wave" sound. The Saltwater Skitter Pop landed me a 35" 16 pound 13 ounce keeper and lost 1 other nice fish.

Will be back out there Friday.

Chunks

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: NICE FISH! Reply with quote

WTG Michael! Nice bass. Even better on an artificial.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, nice fish, Michael!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: NicE Reply with quote

Love reading your reports. ! Congrats now cant wait to fish the sea side this Memorial weekend. Hopefully i can bump on to you.
fishingkid

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice fish!
RLoutdoors

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, FYI, Dick's has a buy 2 get 1 free on all Rapala's til Saturday.
paul

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow nice fish im looking to catch 1 of those this year only caught 24" 1 so far
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: