CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks Topwater 6/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks Topwater 6/7 Reply with quote

Sunday after hitting the Pequonnock, I headed up to Trumbull. First stop around 3:30 was the funeral home. Conditions were perfect for that place, until later around 4:30 south winds started picking up.

Largemouths weren't interested in much, but did have 1 take a black Snag Proof Ultra Popper Frog.

Landed 2 bullgills and tried livelining each one for a nice 4 pound largemouth but the gills weren't swimming distressed much on the hook.

Once the winds had picked up I headed over to Twin Brooks.

Covered certain areas starting at the spot where I landed that cookie cutter and crappie 2 weeks ago or so. Lots of brush has now grown there so I didn't stay too long.

Next was the upper pond. Threw a few inlines and a purpledescent FLR-8 before switching over to topwater. Landed a 12.5" cookie cutter just under a pound on a Baby Torpedo and had 3 explosions on a Snag Proof Moss Master buzzbait.

Kept covering more water but never got into anything else.

Hit the road around 8:30.

It seemed like I got into a quick topwater bite just before the southerly winds got gusty vs the way they were while I was at the funeral home. Winds were gusting 15 to 18 mph throughout the evening while they were a steady 8 to 10 right as I left the funeral home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: