CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Morning Incoming 6/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Morning Incoming 6/12 Reply with quote

Stayed up overnight into early Friday morning. Checked out the tides and forecast and decided to hit the morning incoming at Seaside. High was scheduled for 8:17.

I arrive at the parking lot just before sunrise to find beautiful conditions with water mostly flat and clear. Common egrets, herring gulls, and black backed gulls were all lined up along areas of the beach. I decided to work areas of the beach from the Fayerweather Jetty to the lifeguard seat.

As the sun rose and tide got higher, I'd see an occasional swirl and splash within range. I was also keeping an eye on 3 cormorants that were constantly going underwater in the same area 2 egrets were feeding.

Once the tide started heading out and it got much warmer out, the bite died and I hit the road.

Total with the SSP-12 was lost 2 and landed a chunky, strong 25" schoolie. Had many other swirls and explosions.

Stripers and sea robins seemed to be chasing small bait right near shore. Bottom was hard sand and depth I was wading in was 3 feet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: