CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Hello from Paris (France) - coming near Hartford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oliver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Hello from Paris (France) - coming near Hartford Reply with quote

Hi guys !

I'm a french PHD student living in Paris !
I'm passionate about fishing and I always bring a rod with me during my trips Very Happy

For the first time of my life, i'll come in the US during the 2 last weeks of July. I'll live near Hartford in CT and I can't wait to try to catch some american fish Laughing

I am looking for informations about fishing near Hartford and I would love to find a guide to help me. We do not have small mouth or stripped bass in France and i can tell you that it would be such a great pleasure to catch one !

All the best,

Oliver

Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Oliver. Welcome to the site. Hartford boast some good smallmouth and largemouth fishing on the CT river, as well as some stuff you're likely more familiar with, such as carp and pike. I'll be around 20th-26 of July, then down to Florida. I'm usually fishing saltwater that time of year for stripers, blues and various bottom fish. Maybe if you get some time we can head out. I'm also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheRedneckangler?ref=hl. Stay in touch. It's always nice to get a chance to fish with folks from completely different fishing backgrounds.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few guides who specialize in fishing the CT River, as well as some excellent guides for trout and smallmouths in a few of our other river systems. I can always point you towards a few guys who are licensed and have great reputations.
Oliver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckangler wrote:
Hey Oliver. Welcome to the site. Hartford boast some good smallmouth and largemouth fishing on the CT river, as well as some stuff you're likely more familiar with, such as carp and pike. I'll be around 20th-26 of July, then down to Florida. I'm usually fishing saltwater that time of year for stripers, blues and various bottom fish. Maybe if you get some time we can head out. I'm also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheRedneckangler?ref=hl. Stay in touch. It's always nice to get a chance to fish with folks from completely different fishing backgrounds.

Thank you so much for your answer, i just liked you facebook page, your pictures are awesome !
Here is my page: https://www.facebook.com/OlivsProd?ref=bookmarks

I will definitly be in CT from 24th july (I'll be in NYC before) and it would be a great pleasure to go fishing with you !!

I love pike fishing in france but i was wondering if you have Northern pike or Musky in CT ?
I've never hook any musky or small mouth, it's kinda dream for me !
Oliver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one of my videos on Youtube. Few weeks ago we had the beginning of catfish season Very Happy

Link
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome video. My wife is from Manchester, England. We're going back over next summer. Maybe I could convince her to take a weekend trip to France. I just wouldn't tell her I want to fish. Smile I'll be around the 24th, 25th, and 26th before I head south. We've got pike and smallmouth on the river, but musky is something you'd have to head out of state for. The salt water fishing will be good as well. I'll actually be down in Virginia earlier in the month and fishing both musky and smallmouth on the Shenandoah River. It would be fun to meet up and get some fishing in.

Tight Lines!
Oliver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure, just let me know if you come in Paris (even if youy just have few hours to go fishing) it would be my pleasure to show you the fishing here in the middle of Paris !

It would be awesome if we could fish together 25th or 26th july !! I heard also that sea fishing was amazing near Montauk ?

Do you know somes people/guides near New london that organise sea fishing session ?

Can't wait to be there dude !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: