CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Beat the Skunk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Beat the Skunk Reply with quote

Friday I arrived at Mondo around 3:15. Conditions seemed favorable for a topwater bite. Temp was warm, air was moist, sky was mostly cloudy, and winds were light and variable with occasional 8 to 12 mph gusts.

As I started covering water at the main pond, I noticed all the patches of lilies that had grown. I stuck with topwater. Lures included Booyah Pond Magic buzzbait, Rebel Buzz'n Frog, vintage Buzz'n Cobra, Heddon Tiny Torpedo, Snag Proof weedless mouse, and Snag Proof weedless frog popper.

Lost a pickerel on a Tiny Torpedo when it jumped.

As I started working the smaller pond, I noticed how nice and calm it was there and there was lots of floating algae seeds and clumps of dead algae. Had a number of explosions and followers with the Rebel and Buzz'n Cobra whenever I didn't pick up floating weeds. The fish seemed to have been trying to get the very tail. Eventually caught a 14" pickerel under a pound with a yellow perch XRP-7.

Once it was getting close to sunset and I had covered many areas of the smaller pond, I headed back to the main pond where I worked a few spots before calling it a night. Had a few followers on the Tiny Torpedo and had a bass shoot out of the water for the Snag Proof mouse.

Hit the road around 8:30.

It was a very pleasant day at Mondo. Nobody was being loud, 2 guys throwing worm and bobber with the bucket next to them left early, and winds were very light most of the time. Got to listen to all those birds and end the evening by observing a beautiful sunset from the Devon Bridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: