CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River: Portland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVec80X

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: CT River: Portland Reply with quote

My office was closed today due to a power outage from last nights storm so I ended up with an unexpected day off. Going fishing!

I spent 4 hours in the kayak on the Mattabassett today and only landed a 1.6 lb LMB. It was really windy and the water was extra murky. It was great to be out in the yak, but pretty uneventful.

On the way home, I stopped at a local shore spot on the CT River. Landed a 1.2 lb Smallie on a Senko on my 2nd cast. Finally, my first Smallie of 2015! About 15 minutes later, I hooked up with a fighter and my drag started buzzing like mad. I was convinced it was a Pike, but it ended up being another Smallie. I'm running 20 lb braid with a 15 lb Fluoro leader and the leader snapped off literally just as I got the fish over shore! PHEW! This one was only 2.54 pounds, but fought like hell. As you can see, he is fatter than my chicken leg! Good afternoon fishing from shore!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: