CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: DEAD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: DEAD Reply with quote

A buddy picked me up at Beardsley just before 5 so we could hit Seaside. Made a quick stop at my place to switch gear and arrived in the parking area just after 5:30.

I stuck with the SSP-12 while the buddy threw a spoon.

We hit Fayerweather Island before heading back in to where I was into the snarbors. Last was casting from the rocks by the destroyed pier.

I had not a single swirl or explosion and the buddy didn't even get a sea robin to hit the spoon.

I had a feeling it was a combination of all the rain and the east winds.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished a different area of black rock harbor this evening. I got nothing and my friend got 1 schoolie. Was pretty dead Michael.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday and Thursday are my 2 days off from work and the tides and moon will be perfect. Just gotta keep and eye on the rain and wind forecast.
troller

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgeport has been dead for almost the entire month. The bunker few that there are have the swirling disease. I'm usually out 3 to 4 times week but it's been a waste of time. From Bridgeport harbor to Fairfield Beach.

Fished Saugatuck skunked both times.

I think we are in for bad year!!! All my buddies fishing different areas say the same!!! A schoolie here and there maybe or your skunked. We all have boats so it doesn't matter near shore or out!!1 Sad
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

troller wrote:
Bridgeport has been dead for almost the entire month. The bunker few that there are have the swirling disease. I'm usually out 3 to 4 times week but it's been a waste of time. From Bridgeport harbor to Fairfield Beach.

I've been doing pretty well out by Fayerweather Island and other spots near there. This report was the first day in about a month I got skunked. I've been having plenty of days of steady action, unless it's a matter of past weather, moon, tides, or floating weeds.

SKITTER POP!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of the 10:05pm update, NWS calling for a 20% chance of showers and storms throughout the afternoon and evening once most activity has already happened in the morning. Winds will be a steady 8 to 15 mph southwest, skies will be partly cloudy, and temps will be in the mid 80s around 5pm before dropping into the upper 70s later. Moon is 98% and tide will be low @ 5:35.

Thursday will be a much nicer day with light winds, comfy temps, moist air, partly cloudy skies, and full moon with a 6:22pm low tide.

I'll be at the honey hole both evenings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: