CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Snarbors 7/1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Snarbors 7/1 Reply with quote

Wednesday I arrive at the parking lot at Seaside around 5:10pm. Low tide for Black Rock was scheduled for 5:35 and forecast was calling for southwest winds to diminish in the evening.

As I walk out on the Fayerweather jetty, I see 2 schools of bait out by the common porgy spot being chased. I headed out there and carefully waded in the rocky structure. Threw a SSP-12 out there and had 1 explosion and lost a snarbor right in front of me. The blues and bait eventually moved farther out of range so I hit the honey hole.

At the honey hole was Dan from the site. When I walk down there I noticed the west winds weren't cooperating. I had 1 explosion on an XRW-13 and Dan said he only had 1 explosion on the Cotton Cordell pencil popper.

West winds eventually increased as the tide got stronger so we concentrated on the snarbors on the opposite side.

Once the tide got much higher and it was getting closer to sunset, we headed to the western end of the beach where I got into the snarbors last Friday. Dan had 1 explosion and landed a small 1 pound snarbor. I had 1 explosion and landed a 1 pound snarbor on a SSP-12.

The police were starting to close the park right as the blues had the bait close to shore. Dan had to leave but I stayed and landed another 1 pound snarbor before calling it a night around 9.

All the bait that was jumping out of the water seemed to look like peanut bunker or larger silversides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: