CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Similar Day Last Year
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Similar Day Last Year Reply with quote

Thursday I hit the honey hole starting around 6. Conditions were beautiful outside and moon was full. Winds were a light 5 to 8 straight south that eventually died. Water surface was very nice.

I played with a number of topwaters until I found what the fish were actually looking for.

Nothing much happened with a SSP-12 except for a few swirls.

I lost a small blue and got a few swirls and 1 explosion with an XRW-13.

I was getting lots of swirls and 1 hit while steadily reeling in a 1/2 ounce buzzbait.

I switch over to a Heddon Spit'n Image that was rigged with a single 3/0 rear teaser, and that had fish going!

Had tons of swirls and explosions with the Heddon. Total landed was a 3 pound harbor, 3 schoolies, and a 1 pound snarbor. All schoolies were around 20".

Once the wind calmed down, tide was getting much higher, and sunset was approaching, bluefish gave up and bigger stripers took over. That was when I was getting monster swirls, had 3 big explosions, and lost a keeper.

By the time it was 8pm the tide got too high so I hit a few other spots before hitting the road.

Fish seemed to be looking for lots of commotion on the surface and something resembling a peanut bunker.

Last year in mid July is when I had an evening very similar to this with an XRW-11. Evening low tide, full moon, calm conditions, and tons of swirls and explosions.
WILD BILL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, I love your reports. I was wondering if you could post pics of your lures. SSP-12??? I have no idea what that is. lol I bet not many people here know either. Maybe it's just me. (it could be) lol
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WILD BILL wrote:
Michael, I love your reports. I was wondering if you could post pics of your lures. SSP-12??? I have no idea what that is. lol I bet not many people here know either. Maybe it's just me. (it could be) lol

It's you and a few other people.

Ever heard of Google?
WILD BILL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa! slightly un called for.

thanks. Shocked
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but yours have broken in look with teeth marks!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
yeah but yours have broken in look with teeth marks!!!!

I currently only have 1 Skitter Pop that is destroyed by blues. That one has been retired and is currently in the mouth of a 14" bluefish stuffed animal Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: