CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Time to Downsize
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Time to Downsize Reply with quote

Worked til 3 Sunday so I headed down to Seaside once I changed after getting home.

Tide was going out when I got to Seaside and saw the smaller blues chasing the sand eels and other small bait in the same area again. They didn't make it close enough so I went over to Fayerweather.

Played with a variety of lures and found the Heddon Spit'n Image to be the lure once again.

As the evening went on, I got tons of swirls and explosions, lost many blues on the jump, and landed 3 snarbors and 4 schoolies. Biggest fish and best fight was a very chunky 24" striper.

Hit the road around 8:30

With all the small bait around and hearing word that the adult bunker have made their way out of Black Rock and Bridgeport, it has been looking like it's time to downsize with lures at Seaside. Bigger Saltwater Skitter Pop SSP-12 and X-Rap Walk XRW-13 aren't doing as well as smaller Skitter Pop SP-9, X-Rap Walk XRW-11, and other 3 to 4 inch topwaters. Another thing that seems to be going on is the fish are looking for lots of noise (chugging, rattle, spitting, etc) on top. Retrieve has been a steady to fast walk-the-dog and pencil popping. If you were to cast with a small 3 or 3 1/2 inch topwater, just put a single rear hook on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: