CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantan/Lake Lillinonah and Lower Houssie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Bantan/Lake Lillinonah and Lower Houssie Reply with quote

Long weekend Yak Fishing figured I would report.

Started off at Bantan River/Lake on Friday. Nothing on the way up to the lake in the River. When we got down to the lake we headed into deep water and towards Litchfield Beach. While trolling 8inch Rapala Pike I got a hit from a Yellow (smaller than the lure....which I thought was weird). Kept trolling and as we pulled up along side of a bass boat/chatting up.....30" Pike hit the Pike Lure. I had the mouth grippers tied to the side of the kayak and he took them with him. Poor Pike, was really disappointed. Don't care about the grippers....but that pike is going to die. Other than that it was quiet at Bantan, my son pulled in 14" Pickrel off the doc at Litchfield. NOTE: I've noticed Litchfield beach is way better access to Lake Bantan than Bantan River. However, River kayaking is beautiful (if you are not fishing). Gorgeous area!

Saturday Night (around 6pm) wife and I headed up to Sunnyside to Housie river. Went down all the way to and around Wooster Island. Boat traffic was low and we had the entire river to ourselves/and the island. Fishing was slow. We only caught one yellow. Fish finder was spotting fish but they were not biting. I do have to say that we didn't do much fishing close to shore (mostly 10-20 feet of water and trolling/wife was fishing. Was disappointed fishing wise....but as the night fell and we were getting back to Sunnyside, fireworks started. I don't think this was Shelton City fireworks and they were amazing. Not sure how much money someone must;ve spent but the show went on for about an hour (4-5 rounds) and it was great. We had front seats at the river/along side of # of boats watching as well.

Yesterday we headed down to Lake Lillinonah with wife (over by Lovers Leap). Again started trolling while wife fished aruond the yak. Plenty of fish on the fish finder....but no hits. Went down to Brookfield park and then up along other side towards Goodyear Island. NOTHING. At Goodyear, wife got a miss and I was able to pull in the same fish. 12-14" Small Mouth right on the tip of the island. We went along that side towards the Lovers leap pass and I was able to pull in 2 yellows and hit a 20" Pike while trolling.

Carp were jumping out of the water right below lovers leap. I have to bring corn next time and hunt them down.

PS. I've noticed fish traffic right in the Lovers Leap pass was HIGH. They weren't biting though. Guessing there is tons of Carp in those waters. Next time I will come more prepared.

Slow weekend fishing wise, but amazing weather/kayaking. Had a great time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: