CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Any good fishing log apps out there??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCguidelife247

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Any good fishing log apps out there?? Reply with quote

Im looking for a good fishing app that is actually simple and easy to use. Any suggestions?
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with On-Line apps is they are designed to collect your information and allows others to review it. Your basically telling someone where your fishing spots are. Fish Diddiy has one. http://mapper.angling-technologies.com/map/ is another.

I recently attended a Fed Bass Meeting. One of the speakers was a Rep for the map chips we put in our Hummingbird Fish Finders. They developed a app that you can put your mapping chip in your PC. Sign into they're app and it automatically up-loads all your information to their site. They then take that info and use it to better redefine they're mapping schematics then allow others to down load the info.

The meeting I attended included current and up and coming Bass Elite Pros. These serious competitors have to score x amount of wins to fish divisional tournaments to qualify for the Bass Master Classic. They were definitely not enthusiastic about giving up their spots due to the rewards for fishing.

Imagine doing all the hard work to find that honey hole in the middle of Candlewood Lake and then finding ten boats on your spot.

Microsoft Word has dozens of spread sheets that allow you to design a journal to meet your needs.

I fish with a number of current and retired contenders for the big events. Every one uses a self designed computer journal or a hand written book that they record their catch by day, month, year, weather, water temps ect and research them before each trip.

I can attest to their hard work and recording. Some of the biggest fish and largest quantities I've caught are a direct result of their hard work.

I personally don't keep a journal. I find them time consuming after a hard day of fishing. I rely on experience and enjoy figuring out the bite for the day. Some times it works for me and sometimes not.

Last edited by Wanna Fish on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my boat is used to fish with these upper level contenders, my map chip info is erased before I put the chip into my PC. When you earn their respect and they're willing to teach you, you don't tread on their kindness.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one of the better Journal Logs I use on-line. You can set it to private so others can't review your info. You can mark way points on an interactive map and save it for further review. If you have a Hummingbird that tracks your ride you can download Hummingbird PC and transfer the data between your chip and the map and vise versa.

http://mapper.angling-technologies.com/map/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: