CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: New Haven Harbor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stripper Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: New Haven Harbor Reply with quote

Hey guys just joined love the site great reports great info from everyone. I launch salt mainly from Milford, West Haven, and Guilford areas and all the freshwater I can find, as well as bowfishing carp when all else fails. I never see a ton of reports from this area so I was hoping to change that. Fished New Haven harbor July 4th from around 9:30am to 12:30pm and July 5th from 5:30am to noon. Two of us totaled around 40 blackfish on Asian crabs. 16-18 were keeper size with the biggest being 19.5". About 8 pregnant females still holding which I would guess is a result of the colder temps(all females tossed back). Also pulled 1 robin a 2.25lb porgy and a 1.25 oyster toadfish on Asians. Hit the harbor again last night July 8th from 5:45pm-8:45pm couldn't find bunker near the bridge so we ran out to the breakwalls and found 2small schools getting chased up by blues. Watched 2 blues jump clean out of the water (8-10lbs roughly). Livelined around the schools and got broken off once. Tried some topwater around the schools with no luck and ended the night for about 20 minutes live lining the wall with no luck before heading back empty handed
O4rudeboy424

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of boat do you fish out of and do you usually go for stripped bass
Stripper Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="O4rudeboy424"]what kind of boat do you fish out of and do you usually go for stripped bass[/quote] I fish a 16ft Lowe deep v aluminum saltwater and freshwater when possible and also a 14 ft 1961 crestliner (got it for $100) and I bowfish from a 9.5ft water tender with a platform. And yes I will always target stripers first but I will fish for anything
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you on a fishing web site when your name says you're on the hunt for naked girls and girls swinging around the poles at the night clubs? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: