CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Ram attachments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Ram attachments Reply with quote

I'm new to the site but not new to kayak fishing. I've been looking for a new forum since Yakdawgs died......Glad to see so many kayak fishermen on this site.

Anyway, I have a 2013 hobie revo 13. I installed a forward RAM tube for trolling when I bought it two years ago. The other day, I was adjusting the angle of it after a fish hit and pulled it back. When I did, the ball broke off at the mount!!!!WTF?

Anyone else have any issues like this or did I just get a defective mount?
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard jarhead!

I use the ram ball mounts and 2008 ram tubes (bazooka looking thing) for my rod holders on my slayer.
Although i dont troll, i have read in many forums that ram tubes are not great for trolling applications.

You should look into the yakattack zooka tube or something a little more substantial to meet your trolling needs
PRO12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it in safely. I leash my paddle and fishing rods.You can make your own I use old coiled charger cables and old telephone coiled wire . The only thing I use on the rammount with the ball is my fish finder .I put rod extention in the rod holders and the one rod holder in font of me is screwed into the kayak deck.The fish will have to pull the whole kayak before the rod holder brakes.
PRO12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it in safely. I leash my paddle and fishing rods.You can make your own I use old coiled charger cables and old telephone coiled wire . The only thing I use on the rammount with the ball is my fish finder .I put rod extention in the rod holders and the one rod holder in font of me is screwed into the kayak deck.The fish will have to pull the whole kayak before the rod holder brakes.
jarhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks guys. This was the first time I used an adjustable mount for a trolling holder. In the past I always just used the rear facing flush mounted holders but decided to try something new out of recommendations from others to have the trolling holder in front so that I could see it at all times. I'll probably go back to a rigid rod holder up front but use it only for live lining not trolling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: