CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Heading out early Saturday in yak for fluke
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRO12

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Heading out early Saturday in yak for fluke Reply with quote

Going to try my luck at low tide this time. If there's an early bird out there that would want to join me We can meet at the cumuter parking lot off the Marit parkway at the sikorsky exit I think I have enough room for two kayaks in my truck so you don't have to worry about parking I will be launching from Birdseye boat launch. I would like to be on the water by 6:00 am I will bring the squid.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not free on Saturday, but have a few questions about how you fish for fluke from your kayak:

First, based on your user name, do you fish from a Hobie?

Second, do you jig or troll the squid?

And third, do you ever drift and jig bucktails? That's actually what I'd be interested to try.

Oh, and fourth, can't vehicles without trailers park for free in the side lot at Birdseye?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: My kayak Reply with quote

Hi I have a ocean kayak prowler 13 . I drift with the tide always on the out going tide ( seems to work best for me ) I use a home made rig has a two hooks off a 3 way swivel 1 Oz jig with small soft plastic ( white or yellow) the other is a trailer with a spinner ( which is an attractor ) with a soft plastic or a plain bucktail ( no weight on this part) all hooks are tipped with squid. I'm not sure if you need a Stratford residents sticker on your car. All I know is the Stratford police are there a lot right at the entrance and I always see them checking the boating trailers that are parked. Any one can call Stratford parks department to see if you can park at the fishing dock side of the parking lot .
PRO12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: My kayak Reply with quote

Hi I have a ocean kayak prowler 13 . I drift with the tide always on the out going tide ( seems to work best for me ) I use a home made rig has a two hooks off a 3 way swivel 1 Oz jig with small soft plastic ( white or yellow) the other is a trailer with a spinner ( which is an attractor ) with a soft plastic or a plain bucktail ( no weight on this part) all hooks are tipped with squid. I'm not sure if you need a Stratford residents sticker on your car. All I know is the Stratford police are there a lot right at the entrance and I always see them checking the boating trailers that are parked. Any one can call Stratford parks department to see if you can park at the fishing dock side of the parking lot .
PRO12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: I called town of Stratford Reply with quote

I called the Town of Stratford parks department and they said you need a resident parking Sticker or any one can purchase a nonresident sticker😨 They charge $20 just to park for a day at short beach.😦
PRO12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Saturday is out weather doesn't look good I'm going to try for Sunday instead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: