CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Southeaster NH - 7/4-11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lookn4bass

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Southeaster NH - 7/4-11 Reply with quote

Home base: Troy, NH
Spent the week vacationing here. What a great part of the country with some incredible fisheries! I fished every day except for one and only 2 lakes twice.

If you want numbers: Nubanusit Lake, Hancock, 7-10am
Jigs and chatter baits did the trick picking up 12 SMBs. 6 off of one 5-7 FOW rock flat. Others were off shoreline dropoffs. All were < 2 lbs. Was very surprised that rock piles did not produce.
Ramp could be dicey if you have a heavy boat and do not have 4WD. Close parking is limited.

If you want big SMBs: Stone Pond, Marlborough, 6-8am
This is one of the ponds I fished twice. Boated a 3.2 and a 3.7 lb’er. Lost a 4+ at the boat and another 3 lb'er on an aerial. I cried when i lost the 4+ lb'er and it will take a couple of days before I watch the tape. All fish were caught on jigs in 10-17 FOW.

Other lakes I hit:
Dublin lake, Dublin, 8-9:30pm: This was in desperation as I circled Thorndike pond looking for a boat ramp that was on a different lake (I got confused with Laurel lake) and circled the pond that was 30% dirt roads. Argh! So I hit Dublin in desperation. I fished this lake before and knew it held SMBs. Unfortunately, the only thing biting were the mosquitos and 2 SMBs.
Gilmore pond, Jaffrey, 6-8am: I fished DEEP on this pond with jigs and carolina rigs hoping for big fish. Ended up catching 1 in 20 FOW on a salamander.
Harrisville pond, Harrishville, 8-10pm: Picked up both LMB and SMB on plastics and jigs. The wind picked up so topwater was out. I would have liked to fished this in the morning and hit the dropoffs.
Laurel lake, Fitzwilliam, 6-8:30am: I fished this lake twice. I targeted the dropoffs, rock piles and rock field edges with a jig and picked up ~6 LMBs each trip all around 1.5 - 2 lbs.
Pool pond, Rindge: Caught a couple of LMBs in the weeds on plastics but 6 with a chatterbait in the 6-8 FOW weed flats. Missed many more with missing trailers… guessing they were pickerel.

There are so many other lakes/ponds in the area. Just didn’t have the time to fish them. Ones that come to mind: Scott, Skatutakee, Silver and Spofford
hila2006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post. We lived on the Rindge border for years before moving to Ct. Fished every one of those lakes multiple times. You missed one of the best large mouth lakes in that area, Mountain Brook Res. in Jafferey, caught my personal best out of there, 7 1/2 pounds. Thorndike's ramp is hell, but a beautiful lake once your on it. You went the wrong way around the lake, if you past the lake, then take a right past the boy scout camp, you'll find the ramp. Loaded with smallies and largies. Thanks for bringing back some good memories. Pool pond was also one of our faves. it was only 15 minutes from our house in Mass.
lookn4bass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

checked out mountain brook res. bummer, doesn't allow motor boats. right behind it was gilmore. didn't realize that lake was there! thanks for getting me excited!
not sure i want to risk going into thorndike (or the left scott pond). i know scott has some big ones... caught them when i was still kayak fishing.

btw, thanks for replying. activity on this site is pretty scarce and was about to give up on this one.
hila2006

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, mountain brook doesn't allow motors any more? We spent hours on that lake, hit so many nice bass it's crazy. Start at the brush piles near the boat ramp and work your way out back, great lake for sure. It's been a while since we've been up that way, actually almost 4 years since we moved to Ct. We've only fished Scott pond out of our old canoe lol, didn't hit much, but only went once. Contoocook is another good spot to hit, it's pretty big, also has a campground on it, so you can stay a weekend etc, and keep your boat docked in the lake. Thorndike is worth the work, big smallies in there and the locals are pretty helpful with info to. There's so many nice spots in that area, you gotta hit Laurel in Fitzwilliam sometime to, lots of largies and smallies, good trout spot to. I really haven't been on this site much in the last year, we adopted a rescue dog last year, and spent most of our free time with him lol. We're now starting to get him used to the bass boat lol, good talking to you, and thanks again for the memories of home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: