CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Upper & Middle Bolton Lakes 07/13 - 07/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Upper & Middle Bolton Lakes 07/13 - 07/14 Reply with quote

My go to spot in a canoe, but since I am sans transportation for it I have been hitting these places from the shore right near the boat launch.

Fished from 7-9pm starting out on the Upper side with a chartreuse Scum Frog popper and got nothing. Switched after an hour to the Middle lake throwing the frog, some Texas rigged Watermelon seed Yamamoto's and a generic spinner (that I lost on a rock ).

Right around when it started getting too dark to see anything however, everyone else left so I threw my frog back in right in front of the boat launch and proceed to get 8 hits in about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in setting any of the hooks (any tips on using the scum frogs would be extremely helpful!). I had to leave shortly after because the amount of mosquitoes out and about was horrendous and my bug spray was completely ineffective. Still, it was nice to get ANY kind of action.
DV

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had too much luck at lower bolton for bass in the past.

Keep your rid tip up when fishing the frog and lower your rod tip and reel to the water when you get a strike and then set. Basically give them some time to inhale it before setting.
Zaxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips! So I've been back to Middle Bolton but on the other side of the lake. Ive been going out onto the dam and having GREAT luck. Ive caught 3 solid 14" LMB.

Each was caught on a differnt bait/lure: live crawfish, rubber craw, rubber worm. The live craw bites were immediate and hard: first and second casts I was getting hammered. Only trouble is it takes me 45 mins wading around in a creek to catch enough to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: