CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bishop Swamp X 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Bishop Swamp X 2 Reply with quote

I headed over to Bishop Swamp late morning on Saturday in hopes of pulling some pigs out of the pads. I launched around 10 and it was cloudy & pretty humid with only 1 other boat in the swamp. I did my usual routine of going as far and deep into the pads as I could and working my way back out toward open water.

I was chucking a Booyah Pad Crasher and 10 minutes in I landed my first bass, just shy of 2 lbs. The bite continued to be hot for 2+ hours with plenty of vicious Pickerel in the mix....15 to be exact Evil or Very Mad Spent a total of 3 hours on the water and ended up with 5 LMB. The lunker was 3.34 lbs and hit just as my frog touched the water on the cast. I did toss a Texas Rigged Senko for a bit out in the more open water, but all it yielded was Slime Darts.

Around 1 rumbles of thunder could be heard in the distance and it was getting a little darker. I started making my way back to the launch and mid- paddle I heard what sounded like a huge wind gust behind me. Nope! It was a wall of water coming right at me from the West. I paddled like hell to get to shore and the rain started right as I cruised in. I jumped out of the yak, grabbed my rods and flipped the boat over so it wouldn't fill up (I'm in a sit-in). The storm never produced and more thunder or lightning, but dumped plenty of rain. Soaked, I decided to call it quits and packed up after the storm passed.

Seeing the bite was hot Saturday, I make the decision to get up early Sunday and get back over to the swamp before the sun and the 90 degree heat. I launched at 5:40 and was the only person out there for a solid hour or so. It was really foggy and overcast and remained that way until 8:30 or so. Sadly, the bite was off...only landed 2 Pickerel. One of them was 1.7 lbs and put up a hell of a fight, but I didn't get the LMB I was after. I packed up by 9 and hit the road. By that time there were 4 kayaks and 2 canoes on the water, never been there when it's that busy!

All in all, it was great to get out in the yak and wet a line!

Last edited by AVec80X on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to hear how the bite changed from one day to the next. Thanks for that. Saturday was a really nice day for fishing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish! Are there any shore spots here? This is right in my area!
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaxx wrote:
Nice fish! Are there any shore spots here? This is right in my area!

There are a few shore spots by the launch and you can follow the path that goes around the pond and there are a few more in there. If you're adventurous, you can always bushwhack off the path and get to the waters edge. I've seen hikers pop out in the middle of nowhere way out on the backside of the swamp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: