CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Private Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Private Lake Reply with quote

Recently hit up a private lake I found out about.

Fished a number of open spots that had shade, structure, and weeds.

Threw a variety of lures and eventually found a pattern.

Landed 4 bluegills up to chunky 8" bulls on a HJ-6. Those bluegills were stacked up on a big tree limb in the water. I saw plenty of other nice sized bullgills there.

Bass and pickerel were being picky, but if I was at the right spot at the right time, I would get an explosion on a Baby Torpedo. Retrieve most of the time was giving the lure a nice jerk every second. Total was 3 bass up to 15" 1 pound 14 ounces and 4 pickerel no bigger than a pound. The biggest bass hit the Baby Torpedo later in the evening when I was giving the lure a steady retrieve with an occasional twitch. Many more explosions.

Got bit off by 2 pickerel. 1 was when I was using another Baby Torpedo, which was when I had a big explosion by what had to be a 2+ pound pickerel. The other was while doing a slashbait retrieve with a HJ-8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: