CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Lower Bolton 8/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SenkoMan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Lower Bolton 8/2 Reply with quote

Hit lower bolton today from 5am to 1pm. Tried some more topwater on the way to the deep weeds but came up empty. The early morning deep bite has been good recently, so I went to work on some of the structure in 10-15ft. Used 6" green pumpkin for dragging through the weeds and a 3" on a drop shot. I boated 4 huge perch on the 3" before getting a 13" lmb, and got another of similar size soon after. Worked my way to a few stumps I have marked on my electronics and worked the 6" really slow around them. Second cast, got a nice 2lbr. Next cast, got a couple of good thumps. Following cast I hook up, and it's a good one pulling drag. Fought it for a couple minutes before it takes to the air and throws my bait right back at me. Fish was probably 4+ Crying or Very sad . Kept working the stumps and got another 12" lmb before moving to some other stuff. No more big ones, landed 7 more 12" fish in the next 2 hours but couldn't buy another bite after 10am.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad about the pig! Sounds like it was making you pumped!

How big were the "huge" perch? I love hitting 10"+ yellows in open water and the ice. I also love how they will slam a minnow shaped lure, such as 2" Strike King Lightning Shad and Rapala Husky Jerk HJ-6.
SenkoMan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

They were about 12", I agree they're lots of fun on lighter tackle.
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to your stumps. I live in Manchester and have been fishing lower bolton for years and not sure where those are. I know there's headstones in the lake, which I haven't been able to locate yet, but I haven't exactly found stumps either. I also think Lower Bolton is down right now. The water is a greenish color and the weeds don't seem to be the same this year. Ever since they shocked it from the algae bloom the place has been different. For me anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: